Friday, July 07, 2006
Well, I've more or less got my Rapidshare problems taken care of. The last thing I tried uploading actually did work. It just went to the free section instead of to my Premium uploads. It's still not working well from my computer, but it's fine from my wife's laptop, so we'll go with that for now.
Anyway, our next share also comes from 1989 (like the Gumby album). In that year, a single came out of the Flintstones theme as if it was done by Bruce Springsteen (or "Springstone" as the case may be). From there somebody (I'm guessing Robert Aguayo because he is credited with producing and arranging the rest of these songs) thought it would be fun to do more TV theme songs seemingly performed by other famous people. Thus the concept of this album. There didn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the combinations, which is where the concept slips a bit. It's still good for a few chuckles though. Somehow, Michael Jackson singing the theme from Rawhide seems even more appropriate now than it did back then!
Here's the list of titles and the performer that the song is done "in the style of" :
1. (The Ballad of) Gilligan's Island - Rap (After all, all rap is alike, right??)
2. The Patty Duke Theme (Cousins) - Bob Dylan
3. Casper the Friendly Ghost - Elvis Presley
4. The Yogi Bear Song - The Cars
5. George of the Jungle - Led Zeppelin
6. The Addams Family - Frank Sinatra
7. Rawhide - Michael Jackson
8. I Married Joan - Jimi Hendrix
9. The Brady Bunch - James Brown
10. Bedrock Rap-(Meet) The Flintstones - Bruce Springsteen
One interesting footnote: Elvis Presley is done by Jess Harnell, cartoon voice artist probably best known for playing Wakko on Animaniacs.
Click here or here or here to download!