Monday, October 29, 2007

Classical Country - Snuff Garrett's Texas Opera Company


Well, it looks like Snuff Garrett is at it again! Not content to simply combine pop and barbershop, here's a record where he does a mash-up of sorts with country and classical music. This one doesn't work quite as well for me because I'm not as familiar with the subject matter (plus I wish they would have used vocals), but you might like it just fine. It's certainly unusual, though. Hope you like it!

Here's the track list:

  1. Today I Started Loving You Again/Polonaise

  2. San Antonio Rose/Also Sprach Zarathustra (2001)

  3. A Legend in My Time/Liebestraum

  4. I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry/Second Concerto Op. 18

  5. For the Good Times/Musetta's Waltz

  6. Make the World Go Away/Clair De Lune

  7. Rose Garden/Minuet

  8. Still/The Swan

  9. Wildwood Flower/Joy

  10. Release Me/Moonlight Sonata
Click here or here to download!

4 comments:

Cantos Encantos Campinas said...

Postagem maravilhosa...
o seu blog é tudo de bom..
ja indiquei vcs no meu blog
e ate ja peguei material aqui e postei no meu..indicando o seu claro rs
parabens
lindo...como tenho as versoes em portugues de alguns, estou aproveitando para pegar as originais do seu blog
parabens
lindo disco este

claudia Campinas
Cantos encantos

Timmy said...

Oh, MAN! Thank you for posting this. I have been looking for any Snuff Garrett items. He was & is a truely intuitive pop music producer. If you ever come across any more "Snuffy" items, please let me know... Timmy at: TICDS@SBCGlobal.Net

Anonymous said...

This is one of the best LPS that I own. How he ever even came up with the idea is beyond me. What a talent. Take a listen it is well wort it my friends. God Bless You All. Jack

GoFSU said...

Jack Rea is so right. Truly awesome!