Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Bros. - Frank & Darryl Kuntz


If you watched channel 39 out of Dallas, Texas in the early 80's, you might remember Frank and Darryl Kuntz, the hosts of the kids show "The Good Time Gang". They'd sing songs, give out prizes to kids at home, and even throw a bit of religion into the mix! Here's an album featuring songs and stories from the brothers. Enjoy!

Here's the track list:
  1. Friend of the Father
  2. We Took a Trip
  3. I Wanna Be Loved By You
  4. Darryl and Goliath
  5. Our Voices Were Made for Each Other
  6. Imagifuntastical
  7. A Message
  8. I'm Frank and I'm Darryl
  9. Heigh Ho the Gang's All Here
  10. The Three Bears
  11. Smarty
  12. Who's on First
  13. In My Heart There Rings a Melody
  14. Honey Will You Miss Me
Click here or here to download!

8 comments:

BigBirdFan said...

This is when they would release a record for ANYTHING. To bad Children's records are so limited today. They are cheap today. BOb

Mr Fab said...

Do they actually sing or say their last name at any point on this album?

Anonymous said...

They kind of remind me of Mario & Luigi, with their red and green outfits.

Rhonda P said...

I am giddy with excitement over this! This record was a HUGE part of my childhood. I am now 35......and wished so many times i still had the record. Thank you so much for providing a little bit of my childhood back to me!

Unknown said...

Hey, I actually knew these guys! I went to school with their daughters!

Unknown said...

I remember Darryl Kuntz. He was my favorite teacher at Raymond Avenue Elementary School, and he certainly made an impact on my life! Kudos!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! I love these guys, they came to my church when I was a kid and I got their record, which I listened to over and over. It was so funny. I lost he album somehow, but kept the cover to it all these years hoping to get another one and here I look up online I find this! Awesome!

Mark said...

Loved these guys when I was a kid. They came to my church, I got the album, and I still sing, "We took a trip to 3 places, Seattle, Chicago & New York..." to my kids. I'm 39 now