Sunday, September 24, 2006

Mickey Mouse and His Friends


I'm going to be backing off a bit from the Halloween stuff for a while, because I don't have too many left right now, and if I keep putting them on, I won't even make it to the beginning of October let alone the end of it. I'm in the process of looking for more Halloween type stuff that isn't already available elsewhere, and will try to add some in when I've got more to offer.

Meanwhile, here's a neat little album from 1968. I know that some of these songs came out earlier, because I had some of these on a 45 when I was a kid. I was sad to find that they left one out from that old record I had. It had Donald Duck trying to sing "Row Row Row Your Boat" while Chip and Dale were giving him grief. It was especially fun because it had four or five instances of Donald making that quacking noise he does when he gets mad. I'll look around to see if I can find that record, and if I do (and I can clean it up enough), I'll add it to this blog entry.

There are two small skips on Track 7 (Laugh Laugh Laugh/Goofy's Jokes and Riddles) but the cut's 10 minutes long already and the jokes really aren't that good. This was the best joke on there:

Goofy: This liniment makes my arm smart.
Some Kid: Why don't you put some on your head?
Kids laugh and Goofy goes "A-hyuh hyuh hyuh hyuh!"

I'd also like to point out that despite what you see on the cover, Winnie the Pooh is nowhere to be found on this record. I guess this is when Winnie was Disney's version of Elmo: Put him on all our merchandise and it'll sell better!

Anyway, there's some fun stuff on here and I hope you like it!

Here's the track list:
  1. Happy Mouse
  2. Donald Duck Song
  3. Quack! Quack! Quack! Donald Duck
  4. Chip 'N Dale Sing: Chip 'N Dale, Polly Wolly Doodle, Daisy Mae
  5. Mickey's Big Show: Donald Duck Recites Mary Had a Little Lamb, Little Boy Blue, Clara Cluck Sings Opera
  6. Mousekedance
  7. Laugh, Laugh, Laugh; Goofy's Jokes and Riddles
  8. Pussy Cat Polka
  9. Mickey Mouse Mambo
  10. Mickey Mouse March
Click here or here to download!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember a record from about 1971 that had the thing with Donald you mentioned. He was at a birthday party, and afterwards he left to watch Uncle Scrooge send all his money to the moon. The name of the LP was Mouse Factory, after the show of the same time.

I'm telling you this, but I lost my old records a few years ago, so I couldn't help you. Thanks for sharing this one though. It sure brings back memories!

swarlock said...

This was recently reissued through a kiosk machine that WDW had a year ago but it was discontinued because nobody knew it existed. Now a lot of the reissues are being sold through ITunes which I HATE.

tysmom said...

I so loved "The Mickey Mouse Factory" when I was growing up. I now have a two year old, and I know he would love it too. I goes crackers for Mickey Mouse. If anyone knows where I might get my hands on this album again, please let me know

Anonymous said...

I have this exact album! I'd be willing to sell it tarinuphair at live dot com

Anonymous said...

"Mickey Mouse Mambo" is a great example of the type of ethnic typecasting fun that might be a bit too dangerous for kids today. That lead singer sounds like Desi Arnaz to me. And the similarity of Mickey and Ricki (as in Ricki Ricardo) makes this parody even more fun. Sophisticated stuff for a kids album. . . Thankfully. For more adult humour on this album check out Pussy Cat Polka. . . Meow. A straight-laced era like the 1950's really knew how to have fun with innuendo!

Pokey said...

Used to thave this album back then as well..!