Monday, February 05, 2007

McDonald's $1,000,000 Menu Song (with some bonus videos to boot!)


Here's another contribution from "Kids Music Fan from Boston"! This was a contest that McDonald's ran in 1988. If the crowd on the record sang all the words correctly, you won a million dollars! This wasn't a winning record, but I imagine those would be pretty hard to come by now. Anyhow, I hope you enjoy it, and thanks again "KMFfB"!

Click here or here or here to download!

I forgot to put the graphic of the record only in the file, so if you want it, you can save the pic below:


Here's a cute video somebody put together for this song.



Also, as a special bonus, if you aren't familiar with the song "Life Is a Rock (But the Radio Rolled Me) (which was the direct inspiration for the Menu song), here's a couple of fun videos showing you what that song was all about (I couldn't decide which one I liked more, so I included both for your viewing pleasure)...



And the other one...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've made my dreams come true with this post! When I was 8, I actually memorized this whole song because for some reason I thought that if you went into McDonald's and sang the song, they would give you a million dollars. After I "sang" it to the counter girl and asked for my million dollars, she laughed and gave me a coupon for a free small fries. Ah, my first taste of disappointment in advertising. Seriously, though, thanks for the trip down memory lane...

Marques Johansson said...

I never knew about the "Life is a rock" connection.

I've got a page that's been online for a few years about the menu song. I've picked up a lot of comments from other people that memorized the song back then.

McDonald's Menu Contest at displague.com

Anonymous said...

Where's the Tyson's Corner Center "We've Got the Stores" Version from the Rick Dees and the Mallistics from about 1992?

What I would give to have see or hear a version of that one again!!!

Mandy said...

I memorized this when I was a kid and still remember it. I have no idea why.

Info4U said...

Ditto to the Tysons Corner request; I remember it as "We've got a mall at Tysons Corner, where the stores are, we've got a mall, Tysons Corner Center..."