Thursday, August 09, 2007

The Big Top Singers: Let's All Go to the Circus


I don't really know much about this album. The company that put it out was Peter Rabbit Records in Toronto, so this is another album that may hold fonder memories for those of you north of the border. To the rest of us, there's still some fun circus-related songs here (including the classic "The Man on the Flying Trapeze"). I hope you guys enjoy this one!

Here's the track list:

  1. The Biggest Show on Earth

  2. Annette the Little Majorette

  3. I've Got Two Passes for the Circus

  4. I Got The Brass Ring on the Merry-Go-Round

  5. I Love a Clown

  6. If It Was Up to Me

  7. Here Comes the Circus

  8. That's What I Dreamed Last Night

  9. I Want to Be a Lion Tamer

  10. The Man on the Flying Trapeze

  11. The Giant and the Midget

  12. It's a Great Day at the Circus

Click here or here or here to download!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had this album when I was about three years old, back in 1968! For 40 years, I've had a piece of "That's what I dreamed last night" in my head. I thought of that song and just for kicks googled "That's what I dreamed last night" and found this page. It's amazing how accurate my memory of the song is from age 3, it sounds just as I remember it!

Anonymous said...

I also had this album when I was a kid in the 60s. Every time I take my kids on a merry-go-round I start singing "I got the brass ring" & my wife thinks I'm nuts. Glad to have found this! - Elliot

Michica Guillory, Broker said...

Please don't ever take this down. I'm from Houston, Texas, and I grew up listening to this album. You are an ANGEL for posting this!!!

Brian said...

The album was released earlier, as far back as 1962, on the Diplomat/Rocking Horse label (one of the many subsidiaries of Peter Pan Records). The songs were written by Henry Tobias and David Ormont.