Saturday, July 21, 2007

The Man - Lorne Greene



Whether you remember him as Pa Cartwright on "Bonanza", Commander Adama from the original "Battlestar Galactica", or shilling Alpo Dog Food, there's no mistaking the booming bass voice of Lorne Greene. I picked up this record when I went out of town and, after seeing that it hadn't been re-released, I thought I'd share it with you. Greene does little introductions to each of the songs as well, which I think adds a little fun to it.

I realize this is a bit different from the usual fare you find around here, but I think you'll enjoy it just the same! (Besides, I couldn't find any Halloween records I have that aren't being shared everywhere else!)


Here' s the track list:
  1. Pop Goes the Hammer
  2. End of Track
  3. Nine Pound Hammer
  4. Bring on the Dancin' Girls
  5. Oh! What a Town
  6. Fourteen Men
  7. Destiny
  8. Sixteen Tons
  9. Trouble Row
  10. Chickasaw Mountain
  11. Darling, My Darling
  12. The Man

UPDATE: This is now available to buy on Amazon! Here's the link to it: The Man

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bonanza!!! For Me, thanks to you!
I absolutely love this record. Its anew one for me.
I visited the Real ponderosa in Nevada where the filmed the show from 1967 on and have many wonderful memories. I will go back, God willing one day.
Thanks Vince

omega said...

Many thanks for this LP, I'm a big fan of the Lorne Greene LPs.

If you have others (I remember that there are about 4 of them), it would be a wonderful Christmas present to me (and hopefully others) if you would post them.

I already have "Ponderosa Party Time" and "Welcome to the Ponderosa".

Best greetings from Germany

Omega