Saturday, May 09, 2009

A Tribute to Mother - Wally Fowler


This one's a bit of a change of pace for me. I was actually working on getting a few Star Trek related albums on here to tie in with the new movie coming out, when I remembered that I bought this album specifically to put on here for Mother's Day. I don't know Wally Fowler myself, but according to the cover he's "Mr. Gospel Music" and "The Man with a Million Friends", which means some of you may be familiar with him. This is just a nice collection of gospel-tinged old songs about Mom featuring Fowler, the Sego Brothers with Naomi, and the J.D. Sumner Stamps Quartet. Enjoy, and have a happy Mother's Day!

Here's the track list:
  1. Mother, Mine
  2. Sweetest Mother
  3. Wrinkled and Old
  4. My Child, Welcome Home
  5. The Chair That Rocked Us All
  6. Mama Sang a Song
  7. Rocking Along in an Old Rocking Chair
  8. Mother's Gone
  9. The Hands That Rock the Cradle
  10. Precious Mother
  11. If I Could Hear My Mother Pray Again
  12. Supper Time
Click here or here to download!

4 comments:

Tim Lybarger said...

Very nice! Thanks for this...

Unknown said...

Thanks for putting this album on your blog. Wally Fowler was my father in law.I worked with him for almost 20 years putting on spiritual stage shows all across the country. He was a wonderful singer and entertainer.

1verycoolguy said...

I remember Wally Fowler from when I was a child. I always enjoyed listening to him sing. Thanks for posting it.

emailsyucky said...

thanks for sharing this (& the other records too). :)