Saturday, May 03, 2008

Talkin' Smokey



Remember back when CB radios were the big craze? Well, this record from 1975 was trying to cash in on the fad. I don't know, to me this guy doesn't sound like your typical CB trucker guy at all. He just sounds like a guy singing in a studio with a bunch of back-up singers. It's still fun to hear though. Hope you like it!

Here's the track list:


  1. Hey Uncle Charlie

  2. Just Gotta Have That C.B. Radio

  3. Lover Man

  4. Talkin' Smokey

  5. Old Collins Airfield

  6. Smokey Joe

  7. Who Could Ask for Anything More

  8. Handle Song

Click here or here to download!

2 comments:

DerekL said...

LOL - what a coincidence... I decided to google up this album just a few minutes ago, and you're blog entry is the first result.

And you're right - Jodie (my Uncle Jodie) wasn't a trucker. He wrote jingles and promo's, etc... etc...

My dad helped design the Smokey character.

Anonymous said...

I was given a cassette of this album from a former trucker from Washington back in 1976. I lost the cassette and have been looking for this since then.

Thank you for posting the links.