Friday, April 11, 2008

The Wizard of Oz and Other Favorite Children's Stories - The Rocking Horse Orchestra and Chorus


This has probably one of the shortest versions of "The Wizard of Oz" that I've ever encountered (besides this one). I seem to remember a couple of these songs from another album I had (and lost) when I was a kid that was much newer than this one, especially the King Midas and Aladdin ones. This has got some fun stories and catchy tunes on it, so I hope you like it!


Here's the track list:
  1. The Wizard of Oz
  2. Rumpelstiltskin
  3. Aladdin
  4. The Further Adventures of Wynken, Blynken, and Nod
  5. King Midas
  6. The Adventures of Simple Simon
Click here or here to download!

2 comments:

Gnat! said...

I am delighted to have found this here...I had this album (I think I may still have it but it will never be good to play for any needle)...I listened to it endlessly, singing along and acting it out. I LOVE THIS THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am downloading now. I am 99.83652895720001% sure this is what I have been telling my wife about for years. My little brother and I wore this record out.

"...and when you hear the story of his rise and fall from glory, you'll be mad about, glad about, that lad named Aladin! Sooo deliciously Velveeta cheeeesy!