Here's the deal:
At the end of this entry you will find a file. Download and listen to the file. What you will hear is the last verse of the song "The Twelve Days of Christmas". However, the intro and each one of the numbered gifts is from a different version of the song (or a parody of it). Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to tell me the artists of each of these parts. Now I'm looking for the artist, group, or characters credited on the song. For example, if one piece has Moe from the Three Stooges, just saying the Three Stooges is fine. If Bugs Bunny sings one, you'd say Bugs Bunny, not Mel Blanc. When you have your guess ready, email it to me at email@example.com (Do NOT send it as a comment on the board! Email only!! In fact, to alleviate anybody getting overly excited on the guessing, I will set the comments to be moderated by me just in case.) Please make as the subject "Twelve Days Contest" or something similar to that, so I'll know that's what the email is about. You'll have to guess who does the Intro all the way down to number one (and when you enter, please number and answer them in that order). And whoever gets the most answers right without going over wins the prize! (Sorry, I went into Bob Barker mode there for a second. Hey, he's retiring, so maybe I can get his job! "Help control the population. Have your kids spayed or neutered." No, wait. That's not right.....)
What will the winner receive? A copy of all the music currently available on this site in handy-dandy mp3 form, and maybe a few musical surprises as well! I think you guys should be able to get at least half of these without breaking a sweat. That said, I really don't believe anybody here will get every one of them. However, you're a pretty sharp group so you may surprise me. (I know the question you all have: Will the files that have been recently removed be included on the CDs? My official answer is No. Interpret that however you choose.)
OK, here's the rules. If you're entering, please read them:
- Entering the contest means you have read, understood, and will abide by these rules.
- The entrant will email their guess to me (numbering them from Intro to 12 and all the way down to 1). Make sure to also supply your name, your username on this board if you have one, and your city and state (and country if you're outside the U.S.). The winning entrant will be the one with the most correct answers. In case of a tie, a random drawing will be held to determine the winner. Remember there will be 13 answers here. Don't forget the Intro!
- Entries must be received by 11:59 Central Time on Saturday, December 16th.
- I will not be held responsible for computer or internet screw-ups.
- The winner will be sent copies of all music currently available on this site (as of 11/21/06) in mp3 form on however many CDs it ends up being. If winner lives outside the Continental U.S. they may be asked to help with postage, depending on how much the CDs cost to send.
- Please read this one very carefully. The winner is welcome to give away or trade any of the contents on these CDs through snail mail or in person. However, the winner agrees NOT TO SELL any of the contents in any way, shape, or form.
- Void where prohibited. I'm not exactly sure where that would be, but all contest rules seem to put that in, and who am I to buck tradition?
- The judge's decision is final. (They say that one a lot too.)
- Have fun with this!
Click here to download!
Here's a Rapidshare link if that'll work better for you:
NOTE: The Contest is done, but the links are still active if you want to play for fun. You can go here to find the answers!