Saturday, December 23, 2006

My Very Favorite-ist Christmas Card Ever!




I picked up this Christmas card probably around 30 years ago, and it remains my favorite even after all these years. Even though it's an old joke, it still makes me laugh. I think one of the things that makes this card work for me is the art style. I don't know how to describe it (I'm sure one of you more artfully inclined can), but it's just very Christmassy to me. A couple of years later I saw this very same joke on a card done with simple line art, but I just didn't find it anywhere near as effective or funny.
And the best part about this card? It actually folds out to make one long picture! (If you click on each of the pictures it'll make them bigger and you can catch more of the detail.)


I'm hoping to get at least one more Christmas album on here before it's too late but if not I hope all of you have a Merry Christmas. Or a Chappy Chanukah! Or a Kooky Kwanzah! Or a Rockin' Ramadan! Or if you don't celebrate any of the above, Enjoy All the After-Holiday Sales!!
Tony
Way Out Junkmeister Meisterjunk


2 comments:

SonicBlu said...

Hey, that's a great Christmas card! heh heh

Merry Christmas to you and yours, and may all your holiday wishes come true. :)

Bubblegumfink said...

You're right. Best ever.