Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Kiddie Hit Parade


This album is billed as an "Approved Playcraft Record". Somehow it's affiliated with the Childcraft series of books, which some of you may remember as a sort of children's encyclopedia grouped by subject. I seemed to recall having a set of these at our house when I was a kid. Hey, we didn't have the Internet back then, so we had to do the best we could with what we had! Anyway, here's some fun kid's songs and stories, and I hope you like this!

Here's the track list:
  1. Little White Duck
  2. In the Land of Hatchy Milatchy
  3. On the Good Ship Lollipop
  4. Tootles the Tug
  5. The Little Shoemaker
  6. I'm a Little Teapot
  7. Bimbo
  8. Happy Birthday
  9. The Ballad of Davy Crockett
  10. Mule, You Lazy Mule
  11. The Arkansas Traveler
  12. Turkey in the Straw
  13. Mexican Hat Dance
  14. Three Blind Mice

Click here or here or here or here to download!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!!!

Thanks for posting this!! I have not thought of this whole album in YEARS, let alone seen the cover. I almost fell off my chair when the page loaded. My brother and I had this when we were little and I listened to it constantly. Even now when I hear the word "bimbo" (not directed at me, of course!) I think of that little boy in the song, and as I got older wondered why he was named so. "The Little White Duck" traumatized me a bit because the bug got eaten so that always made me sad...and oh my, the memories of all this!! "The Arkansas Traveler" was my favorite and to this day I can still remember the entire song, yet not much of high school academics remained in my brain. :P Something funny about the album cover that of course I have not thought of in 30-something years....one of the kids in the grandstand, in green, looks like he is stuck in the top of the band member's hat. I was always amused by that when I was wee. It looks like he is being sucked into the pom-pom.

I assume this album, albeit warped by now, is still safe at my parents' house. I'll check the next time I'm there.

Thanks for the great memories, Tony!! :)

Anna Banana >^..^<

Craig D said...

Just thought I'd let you know, this LP's version of "Little White Duck" is currently at the top of my daughter's hit parade...

Anonymous said...

I bet it was one of those "free gift" items they used to trick people into ordering the first subscription item...