Monday, June 09, 2008

The Pickwick Children's Chorus Sing "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" and Other Fun Songs of Today


In comparison with the previous album posted here, here's some kids that just sound like they're having fun singing their lungs out! It's kind of a strange album cover though. Why is there one boy in the front driving and nine girls in the back? And why do I feel like the girl at the bottom left with the cat's eye glasses is staring into my soul? Anyhow, hope you enjoy this fun album!

Here's the track list:


  1. The Alley Cat Dance

  2. The Unicorn

  3. Dear World

  4. Happy Birthday to Me

  5. Just One of Those Songs

  6. Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

  7. Happiness Is

  8. Yellow Submarine

  9. Puff the Magic Dragon

  10. What's More American
Click here or here to download!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

crazy surreal to see that cover - I had that LP when I was a kid and have not thought of it for like 30 years!

Anonymous said...

As a partial answer to your questions, a simple Google search for Laurie Ringham turned up THIS credit on the IMDB:
Actress:
Nympho: A Woman's Urge (1965)
... aka A Woman's Urge
Hmmmmm....

Anonymous said...

Thank you for providing this album! I have been searching for it for years (approx. 30 yrs!) I couldn't remember the name of the album or who sang it but only some of the songs (Alley Cat; The Unicorn)....

After listening again (since I was about 6 or 7 yrs old) the song that resonates most was "Just one of those songs"...listen to it for the 1st time after 35+ years and you WILL be smiling, remembering and perhapes will even bring a "tear" to your eye.

I only wish my mother were still alive to know I found this album..."Happy BDay to Me" was one of her faves...THANK YOU for bringing back these memories!! Wonderful album!! Still relevant today!!