Saturday, June 09, 2007

Big Daddy: Sgt. Peppers


It was forty years (and 9 days ago) today that the Beatles came out with the album "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" and a number of bloggers are finding contributions to coincide with the event. I figured I'd put this one up by the group Big Daddy. If you'd like to know more about them, you can read my post here. This album takes all the songs from Sgt. Pepper's and does them in a different 50's-early 60's style. A couple of songs are included on the "Best of Big Daddy" album referred to earlier. I hope you guys like this one too!

Here's the track list:

  1. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

  2. With a Little Help from My Friends

  3. Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds

  4. Getting Better

  5. Fixing a Hole

  6. She's Leaving Home

  7. Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite

  8. Within You Without You

  9. When I'm Sixty-Four

  10. Lovely Rita

  11. Good Morning Good Morning

  12. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise)

  13. A Day in the Life
Click here or here or here to download!


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Groovy,,,,,thanx for this

Anonymous said...

higher bitrate woulda been nice......ty tho

Shane said...

Hey...this blog's become my favorite discovery of the week. I didn't end up downloading much last night, but nearly every entry I scrolled past managed to put a smile on my face. You're doing cool work here. Thanks and keep it up!

Unknown said...

After a listen, I'm not sold on all of the tracks - I'm not a fan of the deviation that Sgt. Pepper takes after the intro, for instance - but this album is gold. I really love their version of "When I'm 64," and the Buddy Holly-esque "A Day In The Life" is amazing.

Thanks for posting this - it's much appreciated. :¬)

Anonymous said...

This is great! Is there any way to get Big Daddy's other, ealier albums? I think there are two that never made it to CD and are impossible to find.

Anonymous said...

Hello! Sorry for bugging you, but do you accept reader contributions? I recently found this blog again and would like to contribute one or two records I have around. I've got two Peanuts albums, the Chipmunks do the Beatles one, and the California Raisins one. They're on CD, though. I can get good rips, but I don't know what your limit is. Should I email you just in case? Thanks! :)

// Dave S.

Unknown said...

More Big Daddy, please!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this! Those who are interested can find Big Daddy's first album here.

Anonymous said...

Today's Boston Globe (7-22-07) has an article about covers of Beatles albums ("Revolver Reloaded", the MOJO Sgt. Pepper's, "This Bird Has Flown", etc.

The author had a lot to say about Big Daddy's "Sgt. Pepper" and, of course, I quickly discovered it's out of print and that used CD copies start at $75.00!!

So thank you for providing access to this great music!

Anonymous said...

Heck, I like BD's version of Lovely Rita better-! Really superb, and I have never said this about ANY Beatles cover effort.

Another Rolf said...

Many thanks.